Pages

Tuesday 6 July 2010

3. You can get creative and make your own skincare treats for very little cash. Plus it's fun!

I've always enjoyed making stuff. My own skincare stuff is no exception. It has to be quite easy for me to source ingredients though. If you read number one on this list it will tell you about how I make my own perfume/ body spray. I like to make other things too both for myself and as gifts. I collect many ideas from around the web and I would like to direct you to the places where I have found recipes that I've tried myself. I'm not a copy-cat and you never know what you might find to tickle your fancy when you're blog-hopping.

Anyway the first recipe which I love, and I'm actually a bit loath to share as I was planning on making some of these for friends who have Birhtdays coming up and I don't know if I want to mar my glory by revealing how easy they are. Anyway, they are called Scrubby Bars and are very similar to something sold by a Well-Known High Street store that you normally smell before you see. ;-) You don't need many ingredients and here is the link: Shirley's scrubby bars I use a well known greek yoghurt pot as my mould for these and I use ground almonds.

The next recipe is for a fantastic facepack that comes from a well known but inexpensive Natural and Ethical skincare company down in Cornwall. They often have really good recipes so check out their site. They are also a good source of ethically sourced raw ingredients for your recipes too! The recipe that I like is for their honey and oat facial scrub (think more along the lines of a face pack that happens to exfoliate!) and you can find it here: Honey and Oat Facial Scrub. Also check out the other idea on this page for the Oat Milk Bath. Very calming for eczema -prone skin.

The third recipe I have also made for prezzies and it is bath melts. It is from an article written on what is one of my fave resources. I have to say that you might want to check out the ethics of some of the stuff recommended here these days but the forum is a great source of information. The recipe can be found on this page: Bath Melts Also do have a go at the very simple Sugar Scrub which I have made for myself but would also make fab prezzies for your female friends.

I hope these recipes and resources will show you that there are lots of great recipes out there, using natural ingredients and easy methods that you can have a go at making yourself. They also give good results. I would be very interested to see what everyone else is making. New ideas are always most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment